apr integration

From: Bob Rossi <bob_rossi(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: apr integration
Date: 2008-05-19 21:14:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Apr allows the use of the wonderful postgresql db. It has an autotools
test that checks to see if it can link against -lpq. However, checking
against just -lpq is not always enough. On linux, sometimes you need
'-lpq -lcrypt'. On windows, sometimes you need '-lpq -lSecur32 -lws_32'.

So, my question is, how does one figure out the required libraries? I
suggested pg_config --libs on the apr mailing list, and someone had this
to say:
This returns libraries that were used to build PostgreSQL, not the ones
that are required to link to -lpq. So, I'm just worried that it is
inaccurate.

Could you please comment on this?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi