Re: Bolder vision of pg certification

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bolder vision of pg certification
Date: 2008-05-07 18:45:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 11:20:28 Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 03:03:20PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Got a link to said archives?
>
> http://lists.postgresqlcertification.org/pipermail/cert/
>
> > > In any case, this discussion belongs on the other list.
> >
> > I think general discussions about certification belong on this list,
> > certainly seems the best list of those listed here:
>
> I thought the _previous_ round of discussion around this determined
> that it was its own project, going on over there, and therefore should
> have its own list. Since it has its own list, the discussion belongs
> there (for the same reason that bucardo and slony related performance
> problems don't go on -performance).

Ah, but what is at the heart of the original posters email? It sounds to me
like they don't want to discuss the communities current effort (the slony in
your example), but want to discuss the idea of doing certification with a
different model (ie. let's say the topic of synchronus replication, again
following your example). If that's the case I see nothing wrong with
discussing that here, except to the extent it isn't an advocacy related
topic, it might be worth discussing on -general instead.

--
Robert Treat