Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server does not start when log_statement_stats is set to on
Date: 2008-04-17 14:12:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am discarding this thread from the patches queue. We have fixed some
> of it so a LOG message is issued for invalid postgresql.conf
> combinations. We could do more, but there doesn't seem to be a clear
> TODO here.

Actually there's a clear TODO in GUC_complaint_elevel's header comment:

/*
* GUC_complaint_elevel
* Get the ereport error level to use in an assign_hook's error report.
*
* This should be used by assign hooks that want to emit a custom error
* report (in addition to the generic "invalid value for option FOO" that
* guc.c will provide). Note that the result might be ERROR or a lower
* level, so the caller must be prepared for control to return from ereport,
* or not. If control does return, return false/NULL from the hook function.
*
* At some point it'd be nice to replace this with a mechanism that allows
* the custom message to become the DETAIL line of guc.c's generic message.
*/