Re: We should get active / The tools

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>, PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: We should get active / The tools
Date: 2008-02-28 11:47:33
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:35:00PM +0100, Susanne Ebrecht wrote:

> When the French want to have blue elephants, they ask the Germans
> because they know that they know how to order them. -> no direct
> activity from the EU group
> Only when the French didn't know, where to get blue elephants, they
> should ask EU group and the EU group should forward the contact to the
> Germans.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. If other ppl know, we (germans) are ordering
elephants, they can jump on the train and we can make just one order for
several groups.

Just to stay with your example.

> Another example: We have two or three Dutch guys. They wanted to found a
> language based groups. Of course EU group will help them with
> experiences and how to found a group. But the rest is part of the Dutch
> guys. When they want to make a booth at a small event at the Netherlands
> and they don't have enough people for it and don't know who to ask, then
> the EU group should look who is next to them and force this topic to the
> Germans or maybe the French.

Why not asking all in the EU, if some more ppl can attend and make the
booth/event more successfully?

Just to stay with your example.

> What we can discuss is, if we want a common wiki for all language based
> communities or if every language based communtiy should decide on their
> own how they will inform their members.
>
> For a presentation of the European PostgreSQL group we don't need a
> wiki. We just need a handful pages. We already said what we need in
> another thread and nobody added more.

Susanne: we don't need the wiki for the "presentation"! That's where we
can use a CMS like drupal. We want a wiki to document events, decisions,
changes, so that work is not repeated several times and all information
are public available.

The board already decided to use a wiki so the question is no longer, if
we use a wiki or not. The only remaining questions are which software
and where to host. So let's close this topic right now, thank you.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group