Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)

From: ncode(at)gmx(dot)com
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Usage of UUID with 8.3 (Windows)
Date: 2008-02-11 10:25:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello list,

the UUID datatype in the recent version is a feature we intend to use in the near future. To generate a UUID in the database, the Linux release includes contrib modules which can be used for that (together with the uuid lib).

Now, what do I have to do in order to generate a valid UUID (or the 5 different versions as implemented by the RFC) under Windows?