Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-21 19:06:56
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:05:03AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:57:29 +0100
> Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
> > Does this mean that a french guy and a chinese one can be president
> > of SPI ? because you can be a member of PostgreSQLfr or PG-eu, you
> > can work with us, you can sponsor us... but you can't vote and you
> > can't be elected in PostgreSQLfr or PG_eu.
>
> Yes and SPI has in fact had non US citizens hold every office except
> treasurer. The treasurer needs physical access to the bank.

Imho we don't must copy SPI here in every possible way.

It seems, the eu user group is for promoting PostgreSQL in europe and
for having an user group for people from europe where SPI is "just" for
promoting free software.

Yes, SPI is US based, but they don't focus on US only, or? For the eu
group we have "europe" in the name, so let's focus (but not restrict) on
that topic.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum