Get a list of ALL tables

From: Kevin Kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Get a list of ALL tables
Date: 2007-11-19 22:24:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi List;

I'm working with a client with several highly active 8.1.4 servers. I want to
run a weekly cron that will vacuum ALL db tables except those with entries in
pg_autovacuum (where we've setup manual/cron vacuums) in order to eliminate
transaction ID wraparound failure warnings (which comes up fairly often).

My question is:
will a select from pg_tables for each database in the cluster provide me with
a full table listing for the purposes of ensuring that all tables in the db
have been vacuumed or are there others I'll need to account for as well ?

Thanks in advance...

/Kevin