Failed PW retries

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL ODBC List <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Failed PW retries
Date: 2007-10-15 19:37:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Greetings,

When the ODBC driver gets back a failed login it seems to retry the
same username/password 4 times, then tries with user 'admin', then
tries again with the original username before prompting the user to
enter a new password.

Is there any way to change this behaviour? Our PG system is set up to
lock-out accounts after 3 failed login tries and so this is kind of a
problem.

We're using pam in pg_hba.conf and pam_radius_auth in the
pam.d/postgres config, though I don't think those matter as we see
multiple attempts in the Postgres log itself (and don't see these
duplicated attempts when connecting with psql or similar).

Thanks,

Stephen