Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes
Date: 2007-10-04 16:35:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:04:41AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > It looks like dlltool does not like the .def file:
> > Line 3 of that file is unadorned "EXPORTS":
> >
> > echo '; DEF file for MS VC++' > libpgtypesdll.def
> > echo 'LIBRARY LIBPGTYPES' >> libpgtypesdll.def
> > echo 'EXPORTS' >> libpgtypesdll.def
> > I wonder why the dlltool failure is not causing the build to fail
> > immediately?
>
> These lines are simply copied from libpq/Makefile but ddltool does not
> complain while working on libpq. Any idea where they differ?

The libpq exports.txt has spaces, not tabs, as separators. In fact, if
you see the .def files you notice that the generated files for ecpg are
all wrong.

Simplest is to change tabs to spaces ... However I'm thinking that maybe
it's better to change the sed line to consider both spaces and tabs in
the regex.