Support for ResultSetMetaData.getTableName

From: David Goodenough <david(dot)goodenough(at)btconnect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Support for ResultSetMetaData.getTableName
Date: 2007-08-21 14:06:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Looking through those bits of the archive that Google found, I see that
this has been discussed before, but there does seem to have been a
resolution. As far as I can tell, even in the the
JDBC-4 development code, this has not been implemented yet (please tell
me I am wrong if I misread it).

There was talk about this needing "the new communications protocol", but
that was some years ago. Are we still awaiting a new version of the
protocol that support this, or can it be implemented on what it there
now? By now I am referring to 8.2, but if it is not there, can be it
added to 8.3?

Regards

David