Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date: 2007-08-07 18:41:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 10:08:37PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> All too often new volunteers fail to keep interest. Virtually all website moderation is done by the same 4 or so people, all of whom are very longterm contributors and have been doing it for years.
>
> I for one don't mind doing the moderation work, but I 'm wary of new ideas which may eventually become part of that work if the initial folks lose interest. I don't think that's unreasonable.

AFAIK we've never really asked for people to help moderate the site.
It's also not published anyplace where you'd go if you did want to help
moderate. Finally, if my experience of trying to become a moderator on
-general[1] is any indication, our signup process for new moderators is
completely broken anyway.

[1]: I was supposedly setup to be a moderator, but I never got any info
on how to do it, nor have I seen any emails that need moderating. IIRC
I've posted about this at least once on -www and got no response. I'd be
happy to help with this stuff as time permits, but I'm not going to go
on a quest to get it setup.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby decibel(at)decibel(dot)org