Re: How to check running database is 32 bit

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to check running database is 32 bit
Date: 2007-07-19 08:50:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Στις Πέμπτη 19 Ιούλιος 2007 11:27, ο/η nilesh khode έγραψε:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Postgresql 8.2.4 using Tarball on Suse Linux 10.1 (64
> Bit).
>
> I already had running Postgresql 64 bit under /var/lib/pgsql. I installed
> 32 bit 2nd Postgresql using Tarball under /usr/local/pgsql. I want to cross
> check whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit. So how shld I check the same?

In SELECT version(); it should say smth about the architecture.
If this does not help, write a C function that checks the sizeof(void *), and
compile it in both systems (64,32), and then install it on both postgresql's.
Then at calling time, check its value, if its 4 then it is on a 32 bit system,
if it is 8 then it is on a 64 bit system.

--
Achilleas Mantzios