BUG #3278: PSQLException when using setBinaryStream via JDBC

From: "jeffrey zhao" <jeffrey(dot)zhao(at)metalogic-inc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3278: PSQLException when using setBinaryStream via JDBC
Date: 2007-05-14 16:02:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3278
Logged by: jeffrey zhao
Email address: jeffrey(dot)zhao(at)metalogic-inc(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4-1
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

When I run the following program, I got an exception as following:

File file = new File("myimage.gif");
FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO images VALUES (?,
?)");
ps.setString(1, file.getName());
ps.setBinaryStream(2, fis, file.length());
ps.executeUpdate();
ps.close();
fis.close();

Exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Method
org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4PreparedStat
ement.setBinaryStream(int, InputStream, long) is not yet implemented.
at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:728)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Statement.setBinaryStream(AbstractJ
dbc4Statement.java:70)

Is the method setBinaryStream really not yet implemented?

Thanks.