Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [whine] Slow moderation on postgres lists
Date: 2007-04-11 18:48:06
Lists: pgsql-www

I am willing to moderate any of these lists anyone wants me to
moderate. I promise to do this every weekday at [insert daytime
here, Eastern time], subject to vacations and local holidays. Will
that help?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:40:33PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'll let you add it to pmt, but here is what we have right now, beyond myself:
>
> pgsql-announce:
> xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
> greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
>
> pgsql-performance:
> josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
>
> which is really odd, as I swore we had ppl for -general and -hackers, also, but
> apparently not ...
>
> so, who wanted to volunteer for what again? email me offlist, but we currently
> have:
>
> pgsql-admin
> pgsql-advocacy
> pgsql-benchmarks
> pgsql-bugs
> pgsql-chat
> pgsql-committers
> pgsql-core
> pgsql-cygwin
> pgsql-docs
> pgsql-general
> pgsql-hackers
> pgsql-interfaces
> pgsql-jdbc
> pgsql-jobs
> pgsql-novice
> pgsql-odbc
> pgsql-patches
> pgsql-php
> pgsql-ports
> pgsql-sql
>
> Now, in some cases, the 'list owner' is different then me (ie. pgsql-advocacy
> is owned by JoshB), but even in that case, a backup moderator would be nice ...
>

> - --On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 18:09:51 +0200 Magnus Hagander
> <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:30:47PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>
> >> I checked both of those last night when you reported it ... there was one
> >> spam in -bugs and a few from Kris Kennedy in -hackers, but that was it ...
> >
> > Interesting. Any clue on where my post to -patches went? I got a mail from
> > majordom saying it was held, but it was never passed through. (the one on
> > committers came through around that time, so I assume you went through that
> > one as well?)
> >
> > Also, to repeat that request, could you stick a list of who is moderator of
> > what on pmt, for reference?
> >
> > //Magnus
>

> - ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
> Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664

> http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland