Re: update to main page for feature freeze

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: update to main page for feature freeze
Date: 2007-02-27 17:55:46
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

> This is all about letting the community know what is going on with us.
> Especially the community that isn't here everyday in the lists. The only
> reason I even included the links was because I know people who aren't on
> the lists but would love to know what is going on with PostgreSQL.

"Current Development Status: Orange"

Oh, wait, that's the wrong sort of alert. ;-)

Seriously, what I would suggest is that we put timeline information
on /developer/roadmap, which is the correct place for it:

March 31, 2007 Feature Freeze
May-June 2007 Beta begins
August-October 2007 8.3 Released
March 31, 2008 Feature freeze for 8.4 (tentative)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun