Re: Why is ecpg segfaulting on buildfarm member "clownfish"?

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why is ecpg segfaulting on buildfarm member "clownfish"?
Date: 2007-02-02 09:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 06:25:50PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> >BTW, this is a perfect example of why it's not a good idea to allow
> >minor regression failures to go unfixed --- people become desensitized.
> >I know I've been completely ignoring ECPG-Check buildfarm results
> >for awhile now.

I was aware of this Tom, but didn't find the time to dig into it yet.

> there was also some discussion off-list last week with Michael - I have
> arranged for an account on that box for him but I'm not sure if he
> already found time to investigate.

I did today. This seemed like a strange one, but apparantly a gcc
ABI-bug workaround interfered with the compiler used here because the
workaround wasn't covering all positions.

make check now gives a full list of OKs on Stefan's machine. Thanks for
the account.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org