standard_conforming_strings 'on' for 8.3?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: standard_conforming_strings 'on' for 8.3?
Date: 2007-01-30 16:23:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are we going to turn on standard_conforming_strings for 8.3? We
discussed the idea when we added it in 8.1, and enabled the backslash
warning in 8.2. We have gotten almost no pushback on the warning, so it
seems enabling it might be good. Right now, for default
postgresql.conf, users are getting warnings for backslashes in non-E''
strings, so once we set standard_conforming_strings to 'on', we would
turn off the warning.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us