Re: Password security [where is the password]

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Password security [where is the password]
Date: 2007-01-22 11:52:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:39:17AM -0200, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha napsal(a):
> The latest item (FILE) where is it specifically?

Hmmm, what OS are you using?
I suppose it's Windows. Have you already used "ODBC Data Source
Administrator"? If you aren't let's try it. It's located in Administrative
tools (in Control panel). There are some tabpages:
1) User DSN (stored in HKCU)
2) System DSN (stored in HKLM - you can specify the ACL with regedt32)
3) File DSN - you specify the file when you adding the DSN

> I must garantee that only admin users can see this password by now. Any
> other help

You can do it with 2) System DSN with correct registry ACL on the DSN or
with 3) File DSN with correct File ACL.

You have to try it yourself. I never need this.

Regards,

Luf

P.S. Please use group reply so users on the list could read it too.