Re: Patch to log usage of temporary files

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to log usage of temporary files
Date: 2007-01-02 22:15:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > Thanks to Simon Riggs and Bruce for input that helped me put this together.
>
> Please change things to save the stat() syscall when the feature is not
> in use.

Do you have a suggestion on how to do that and still have the PG_TRACE1()
work? That was specifically requested by Simon Riggs.

I'm not at all familiar with how the PG_TRACE probes work, so I'd be
interested to hear suggestions on how to wrap that in an if. If I remove
the PG_TRACE, it becomes a simple matter to skip the stat() if the feature
is disabled.

> Nitpick: also note our brace placement convention (though this would be
> fixed by pgindent, but still).

Sorry, I thought I _was_ following the convention. Must have missed
something. Is there a written style guide somewhere? Might drive things
home a little better than just looking at other folks code.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.