Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts
Date: 2006-12-21 05:40:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 17:49:15 +0100,
Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but as far as I remember, it will be a short release cycle for
> 8.3 in order to finish some big items that couldn't be ready in time for 8.2.

I believe the point of the short release cycle was more to change the timing
of the release to avoid lots of people being on holiday during a critical
period. After the short release cycle, the tentative plan was to go back to
yearly releases shifted a few months from where they typically used to
occur in the past.
Whether or not this actually works out, remains to be seen.