Re: On what we want to support: travel?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Michael Dean <mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date: 2006-10-30 23:26:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Michael,

>  I was about to leave the group in disgust --
> in the past I offered to buy space on the website, to write, etc.

No, you haven't. You haven't done a darned thing to contribute to
PostgreSQL. You haven't donated time, money, contacts, or anything else
that I've ever seen. Heck, you even attended Linux World Expo and didn't
volunteer to help out at the PostgreSQL booth.

I sent you a private e-mail that if you wanted people to listen to your
opinions, you should lead by example, by contributing to the project. If
you continue to pick arguments which make no sense, as a non-contributor,
then you *are* wasting people's time. And yesterday, you *agreed* with me
that you should really start contributing.

The fact that you mean well ... and that I know that you did eventually
contribute useful time to OpenOffice.org ... has kept me from
unsubscribing you from this list. But please start thinking like a
contributor and a participant in a community of consensus.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun