Re: Copying data from table to table (cloned tables)

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: shaik mastan dilshad <dilshad_sm(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jim C(dot)Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, Fourat Zouari <fourat(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bricklen Anderson <banderson(at)presinet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Copying data from table to table (cloned tables)
Date: 2006-10-30 15:25:49
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-novice

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 12:38:51PM -0000, shaik mastan dilshad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can any one tell me,how to retirve the data which had deleted for an instance ,i mean how to rollback the previous.
>
> Look forward to hearing from all of you.

Please start a new thread instead of replying to an existing one.

You can only rollback an uncommitted transaction. Once you commit, the
changes are permanent.

Your only other option is to setup Point In Time Recovery (PITR), and
use it to restore a copy of your database to just before committing a
the transaction you want to back out. Of course, everything that's
happened in the database since then will also be gone.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect decibel(at)decibel(dot)org