Re: Bulk Load and Extract from PostgreSQL

From: Sandeep Khandelwal <sandeep_khandelwal27(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bulk Load and Extract from PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-10-17 05:36:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Sean.

Thanks for the reply.

I have one more question. While extracting data using COPT TO command (in TEXT mode) we have an API, PQunescapeBytea, to convert string representation of binary data(bytea) into binary. Similary we need to convert binary data into it's string representation while loading data into PostgreSQL ,using COPY FROM command in TEXT mode, with PQputCopydata. But there is no API to convert binary data into it's string representation. Could you tell me API or I am misinterpreting something.

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep