BUG #2630: Can't unpack

From: "Alan Escreet" <leet3lite(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2630: Can't unpack
Date: 2006-09-15 20:47:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2630
Logged by: Alan Escreet
Email address: leet3lite(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: Windows
Details:

I am unable to unpack the database from the tar.gz file. I have tried all
the suggested packages to do so from the gzip website, but they were all
unsuccessful. I have checked the downloaded file's md5 checksum and it is
ok. Is there an error in the tar.gz file?
Is there a differently packaged PostgreSQL that I can try (i.e. a zip file)?
It has taken me 3 hours so far trying to get the database out of the box
with no success...