Re: problems connecting remote postgresql server

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: developer_student <juamagb1(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems connecting remote postgresql server
Date: 2006-09-13 14:51:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Sorry, I forgot to say the database functions perfectly on localhost. The
> problem is in remote hosts: I cannot connect to the database from differents
> machines than postgresql server.
>
> Anyone can help me, please?

If you take a look at your pg_hba.conf file, you will see where postgresql can be configured to
allow remote connections. Any changes made to the .conf file will only take effect once
postgresql is restarted.

If you spend about 10 to 15 minutes reading the following link you should be able to get remote
connections working.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.html#AUTH-PG-HBA-CONF

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.