Re: adding psqlodbc driver in ODBCconfig

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: ricardd(at)mathstat(dot)dal(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: adding psqlodbc driver in ODBCconfig
Date: 2006-06-13 08:19:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> I'm using unixodbc on Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) and trying to add the pgsql odbc
> driver. The tool I'm using is ODBCconfig. It requires an entry for the
> driver (*.so) and another entry for the "setup file".

The "setup file" is unixODBC enhancement which isn't supported by us.
If you need only basic settings feel free to use *S.so for PostgreSQL
from unixodbc distribution. But there are more settings (and more
values) in current psqlODBC driver.

We're glad if someone write the support for it and he'll maintain it.
The needed information is in:
psqlodbc: dlg_specific.c, dlg_specific.h
unixodbc: DRVConfig/PostgreSQL

Regards,

Luf