Re: granted select works in psql but not via jdbc

From: "J(dot)" <sweepingoar(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: granted select works in psql but not via jdbc
Date: 2006-06-01 07:10:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

db_roles doesn't seem to exist as a table. A lot of tables seem to start with "pg_" if they deal with roles and privileges.

I was able to solve the problem by creating dummy tables that had very specific privileges and catching exceptions to determine what group the user belonged to so I could display the appropriate options. I got the grade on the assignment, but I still don't get why a user could select from pg_roles from the psql prompt, but not via jdbc statements.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com> wrote: J. wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a system where users will be limited based on their access. To do this I'm querying db_roles and if an exception is thrown, they're not a db admin. The problem is that I've done this:
>
> grant select on pg_roles to db_mid_level_admin;
^^^^^^^^^
Wouldn't it be db_roles?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira