CreateUser error

From: jonathan harvey <jonathanharv(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CreateUser error
Date: 2006-05-31 15:07:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to get PostgreSQL 8.1.4 up and running on fedora core 5. Upon trying to add a user (I had to use the createuser command) I recieved this error:

[root(at)pc-00076 postgresql-8.1.4]# createuser postgres
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) y
createuser: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I have read some other posts about SElinux having something to do with this error. However, I do not know what that is, or how to disable it. Can someone please give me some help?? thanks

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.