Re: [HACKERS] Duplicate definition of LOCALEDIR

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Duplicate definition of LOCALEDIR
Date: 2006-05-23 01:25:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org> writes:
> > The odd thing is that there are two paths defined, $localedir and
> > $exp_localedir, which are not the same and pg_config.h gets one and
> > pg_config_paths.h gets the other.
>
> It looks to me like $localedir is literally "${prefix}/share/locale",
> while exp_localedir has the full path (ie, the expanded contents of
> $prefix). Better be careful about assuming they are redundant.
>
> The correct solution to this might be to rename the downstream
> variables to make it clearer what's what.

The pg_config_paths.h file was added by me to give files access to
configure paths, in part to allow relocation of install files.

Looking at LOCALEDIR in the two include files, I realize one uses prefix
while another optionally uses $ac_default_prefix, but if LOCALEDIR were
different in the two cases, "NONE" would be prepended to one of them.

I have attached a patch that removes the LOCALEDIR from pg_config.h, and
changed fe-misc.c to make use of the pg_config_paths.h define. I think
this is appropriate only for CVS HEAD.

We have not seen warnings about the two defines only because they are
always define the same.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size