Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>, Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-05-10 22:19:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:10:37AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net> writes:
> > (And are there mail readers out there that can pick those subscribe/
> > unsubscribe headers from the list emails? Now *that'd* be sweet.)
>
> Well, in my fairly ancient copy of exmh, any message with such headers
> causes an additional menu to appear:

Based on the constantly broken threading in the lists, I'd bet that less
than 20% of posters use something more sophisticated than MS LookOut!,
and I'm sure that the stats for subscribers are far worse.

Does majordomo have an option to automagically handle such posts that
are sent to the post address instead of the admin address? I know
mailman can do that...