Dumping the banner ads

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dumping the banner ads
Date: 2006-05-10 06:18:41
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

SInce someone on Advocacy pointed out that Marc switched the banner ads to a
mysql-based platform while we weren't looking, I think it's time to raise the
issue of dumping the banner ads. I've long regarded them as
unprofessional-looking and inappropriate for a community, NPO-supported
project.

I was planning to wait until we had our Donor Policy and Donor Listings in
place, but the little "expose" on -advocacy kind of forces the issue.

Marc, could you please acquaint us with the outstanding obligations with the
banner ads? Whom have we promised what? Who will we owe refunds to?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions