Re: Driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM002

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Srimathi Chandrasekaran <Srimathi(dot)Chandrasekaran(at)mailbox(dot)tu-dresden(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM002
Date: 2006-04-25 12:57:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> psqlodbc-07.03.0200

quite old. You could try 07.03.026X version from pgfoundry.org.

> I want to know whether my installation was correct.
> 1.I have set the environmental varaibles as follows
> setenv GLOBUS_LOCATION0/usr/local/globus-4.0.1
> # setenv GLOBUS_IODBC_PATH $GLOBUS_LOCATION
> # setenv ODBCINI $GLOBUS_LOCATION/var/odbc.ini

The # char mean comment out the line?
Do you specify it in each session? Or do you specify only for install?

> 2. for libiodbc-3.52.4
> I have done everything as a root
>
> % ./configure --prefix=$GLOBUS_IODBC_PATH --disable-gtktest --with-pthreads
> --disable-gui --with-iodbc-inidir=$ODBCINIDIR (i have set ODBCINDIR variable

I see no $ODBCINIDIR definition. I see only definition of $ODBCINI.

> But when i run the iodbctest

Do you have specified in this session $ODBCINI?

> $GLOBUS_IODBC_PATH/bin/iodbctest "DSN=lrc1000;UID=dbuser;PWD="
> iODBC Demonstration program
> This program shows an interactive SQL processor
> Driver Manager: 03.52.0406.0126
> 1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no
> default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM002

FAQ for iODBC says:

[iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded, SQLSTATE=IM002

There are several reasons why this message could occur. The best solution
is to trace through what's happening: your application has been linked
against libiodbc, which has tried to find an odbc.ini file one way or
another - either through the ODBCINI environment variable or the fall-back
paths (typically /etc/odbc.ini, depending on how it was compiled). You
should check that such a file exists in a suitable location, and that
it is accessible (particularly if your application runs with different
user privileges - such as apache/php running as a www-data user).

Additionally, it could be that iODBC has found a suitable odbc.ini file,
but none of the file(s) found contain the DSN you've requested. Check
the syntax of your request - is the ODBC connect-string correct, and
does the DSN you're requesting exist? See also the section of this
FAQ, above, entitled `What's an odbc.ini and what do I put in it?'.

Regards,

Luf