Re: Using PostgresQL as a database back-end

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Amadeus Zilfinski <amadeus0(at)cox(dot)net>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using PostgresQL as a database back-end
Date: 2006-04-22 20:16:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

.> I want to use PostgresQL as a back-end for my program. What I'm looking
> for is something similar to sqlite, as in being able to compile a dll/so
> and use/call it from my program. Are there any pointers/documentation
> that I could use?

Below is a thread that touched on the same subject. If my memory serves me correctly, the
thread's originator wanted to encapsulate/embed postgresql in a program he was developing. I
believe the answers to his question were that Postgres was not able to be used this way. SQLITE
was mentioned as a solution that would support that type of usage.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2006-02/msg00136.php

However, I would recommend getting a second opinion just to be sure.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.