postgresql module of freeradius on Debian

From: lmyho <lm_yho(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql module of freeradius on Debian
Date: 2006-04-06 18:38:56
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello All,

We have a project which is built on postgresql and freeradius on debian system. I
have installed postgresql-8.1 on the Debian system, and lately freeradius-1.1.0
also. Things seems ok, but when we started to test, we found that the postgresql
module of freeradius is missing in the debian distribution!

After desperately checking, we were told that debian doesn't distribute the binary
module of freeradius for postgresql because of the incompatible license of these two
apps! However we can build the debian pkg from the source ourself if we need. So
we did it. But this problem: we got so many...so many warnings during the process
of building the debian packages, tons of the warnings! So although we have the
packages now, we don't know if we can use them with so many so many warnings??!

I want to post some of the warnings here for your advice. Please tell me with such
kind of warnings, will the built packages still usable??

Further more, I am afraid it is because our system is not purly dev system, so that
we got those warnings... so, if any one of you could possibly help us to get a
v1.1.0 postgresql module of freeradius, I would be so much grateful!! Or, if you can
help us to get the newest v1.1.1 freeradius package set fro debian (include the
postgresql module), that will be great also! I deeply hope to get help from you...

We specifically need this module bacause the codes in postgresql to work with
freeradius have been built, can't imagine all work will be trashed...:(

Please see the warning samples:

radius.c: In function 'make_secret':
radius.c:167: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness
radius.c: In function 'make_passwd':
radius.c:205: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness
radius.c: In function 'make_tunnel_passwd':
radius.c:294: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'librad_MD5Update'
differ in signedness

rlm_passwd.c: In function 'build_hash_table':
rlm_passwd.c:218: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c:232: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c: In function 'get_pw_nam':
rlm_passwd.c:299: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'hash' differ in
signedness
rlm_passwd.c: In function 'passwd_authorize':
rlm_passwd.c:536: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'cisco_vsa_hack':
rlm_preprocess.c:126: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'__builtin_strchr' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:144: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'rad_mangle':
rlm_preprocess.c:203: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'__builtin_strchr' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:206: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'huntgroup_access':
rlm_preprocess.c:375: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strNcpy'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:376: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen'
differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c: In function 'add_nas_attr':
rlm_preprocess.c:404: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'ip_hostname' differ in signedness
rlm_preprocess.c:425: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'ip_hostname' differ in signedness
rlm_radutmp.c: In function 'radutmp_checksimul':
rlm_radutmp.c:658: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_realm.c: In function 'check_for_realm':
rlm_realm.c:209: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strcpy' differ
in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'sql_groupcmp':
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in
signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in
signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of '__builtin_strcmp'
differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'rlm_sql_authorize':
rlm_sql.c:824: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rlm_sql.c: In function 'rlm_sql_checksimul':
rlm_sql.c:1227: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness

Please advise me if these warnings are serious?? Are the packages produced with
such warning still usable??

Thank you very much for any help and suggestion!!

Regrads,
leo