Re: fix of some issues with multi-line query editing

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Sergey E(dot) Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: fix of some issues with multi-line query editing
Date: 2006-03-21 14:28:23
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Great. Patch applied. I had to adjust your patch around changes made
> to put backslash commands embedded in queries to the top of the history.

I have tested it and it works according to my expectations; the bugs I
noticed are no longer there. Thanks!

It's a bit annoying (you could say bogus) when the query buffer is
longer than the terminal. Not sure if that's a problem of the patch or
it has always been like this. It's possible to workaround using \e.