Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Date: 2006-02-22 18:59:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:11:46PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >Actually, it should be entirely possible to setup forwarding for
> >projects as they migrate, one-by-one. AFAIK mailman will handle
> >something like project-blah(at)gbork(dot)org being forwarded to
> >project-blah(at)pgfoundry(dot)org(dot)
>
> Woo hoo ... a mailman expert ... let us know how it is done so that we can
> do it :)

To test this, I created test(at)lists(dot)decibel(dot)org
http://lists.decibel.org/mailman/listinfo/test

In postfix, I setup the following in main.cf:
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtuals/virtual,
regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtuals-regex/decibel.org,

where virtuals-regex/decibel.org contains:

# commands
/^(test)-(post|admin|bounces|confirm|join|leave|owner|request|subscribe|unsubscribe)@nasby.net$/ mailman-$2+$1

# lists (command -post)
/^(test)@nasby.net$/ mailman-post+$1

(yeah, I flubbed the file name... oh well...)

I can now post, subscribe, or issue any commands by sending email to
test(at)nasby(dot)net or test-blah(at)nasby(dot)net(dot)

Feel free to subscribe and test for yourself. While this forwarding
implimentation is obviously postfix-specific, the point is that as long
as the email eventually makes it to the proper list addresses, that's
all that mailman cares about.

So, is there a formal project setup anywhere for the migration? ISTM
that it would be best to create a project on either gborg or pgfoundry
with the intention that it produce a set of code/scripts/procedures that
allow for migrating projects from gborg to pgfoundry, since obviously
moving lists over is a minor portion of the effort.