BUG #2247: Old Postgres driver

From: "Tatiana Gribanovskaia" <tatiana_g03(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2247: Old Postgres driver
Date: 2006-02-08 16:50:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2247
Logged by: Tatiana Gribanovskaia
Email address: tatiana_g03(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8
Operating system: Linux
Details:

We have a website which is running on Postgres 8 database and using Postgres
SQL + Unicode (Beta) 7.02.00.02

The website is actually using an ODBC driver for database access.

The website crashes pretty often with the following error below. We are
trying to determine if the ODBC driver usage along with the postgres one is
causing this :

ERROR [IM005] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed

Exception Details: Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM005]
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC
failed

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OdbcException: ERROR [IM005] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed]
Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() +646
PC.Framework.Web.Globals.get_IsIrMode() +183
PC.Web.User.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +639
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

We are looking into using a Postgres driver only. I will appreciate your
suggestions and comments on this problem.

Thanks,
Tatiana