Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
Date: 2006-02-01 00:03:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Added to TODO:

o Prevent tab completion of SET TRANSACTION from querying the
database and therefore preventing the transaction isolation
level from being set.

Currently, SET <tab> causes a database lookup to check all
supported session variables. This query causes problems
because setting the transaction isolation level must be the
first statement of a transaction.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us