Re: We want to monitor total size of database

From: Yumiko Izumi <izumi-yumiko(at)scnet(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: PostgreSQL Novice Mailing Group <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: We want to monitor total size of database
Date: 2006-01-05 04:01:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you for a reply.

> yes... in 8.1.x there are specific functions to do this...
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-DBSIZE

We understand that the following is acquirable in
pg_total_relation_size().
*Total Size of database

However, now, the following is unacquirable.
*Size of used space of the entire database
*Size of free space of the entire database
*Size of fragmentation area of the entire database

Is there any method of acquiring the above?

Thanks.