Re: Users + Groups = Roles, duplicate name issue

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: ljb <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Users + Groups = Roles, duplicate name issue
Date: 2005-12-21 20:31:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Which version of pg_dump did you use to dump the old database? The
recommended procedure is to use the newer version of pg_dump (ie:
pg_dump from 8.1.1) to dump the old database. It's possible that the
newer version of pg_dump has facilities in place to deal with this.
Those facilities would obviously be missing from older versions.