Re: FW: PostgreSQL ODBC bug

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Mike Hornick <mhornick(at)insurancesystems(dot)ca>
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, tosivakumar(at)gmail(dot)com, Yohan Moore <ymoore(at)insurancesystems(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: FW: PostgreSQL ODBC bug
Date: 2005-12-21 16:59:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > When you try to select the data using this c# program - you should get
> > the same trailing garbage errors we get.
>
> I'm able to reproduce it here. It isn't ANSI related. The error
> occurs only in PostgreSQL Unicode driver.
>
> Stay tuned. I hope I can fix it till end of week.

I fix it before end of week as I promisee :-)
If you need binary DLL please send me a note from which source I may
compile it (CVS, psqlodbc-8.01.0105, 8.01.0102, ...)

For mailing list:
There is problem with SQLGetData from text column which is longer than
X bytes (with Unicode driver). The last part is returned filled up with
random data from memory.

I found the problem and I fix it. I'm not sure if it doesn't break
some other functionality.

Patch attached.

Please review and comment. I appreciate also huge testing and report.

Regards,

Luf

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc-getdata_unicode.diff text/plain 483 bytes