[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000467 ] Can't use (b)lobs with Omnis Studio v4

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000467 ] Can't use (b)lobs with Omnis Studio v4
Date: 2005-12-07 14:55:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000467, was opened at 07/12/2005 13:23
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000467&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi.

My company uses PGSQL v8.1 as backend database and Raining Data's Omnis Studio v4.1 as developpement tool (see http://www.omnis.net/. There is a demo version).

LOB (blobs, clobs) can't be used with Postgresql and ODBC, either using lo or bytea. Queries fail or the app' crashes.

I tried different settings with psqlOBDC with no luck.

I've joined my log.

If you have questions or need more details : nte(at)mustinformatique(dot)fr

Thanks.

Nathanael TERRIEN.

Comment By: Must Informatique (mustinfodev)
Date: 07/12/2005 14:55

Message:
Sorry for the double post before.

Yes, I've read the logs.
You're right, of course, this isn't a correct SQL command and that's the real problem :)

The SQL commande seems to be "cut" and I don't why or by whom (Omnis Studio or the psqlODBC driver) ... but you should know ;).
ANd it's cut just before a blob datatype.
FYI, the exact same command sent by OStudio to MySQL 4.x through ODBC works perfectly and create a "mediumblob" field.

Those logs aside (wich result of an automated VCS Database creation monitored by OSTudio), I've never been able to use lo/bytea blobs with psqlODBC and Omnis Studio : it crash or read/write faulty data.

I have, of course, sent a bug report to Raining Data too but I thought I should inform the great psqlODBC team also ;)

Thanks for looking at this issue, regards,
Nathanael.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)