BUG #2077: Hiding databases which I am not owner

From: "Martin Pelikan" <martin(dot)pelikan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2077: Hiding databases which I am not owner
Date: 2005-11-29 19:38:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2077
Logged by: Martin Pelikan
Email address: martin(dot)pelikan(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.4
Operating system: Gentoo Linux 2.6.14-gentoo-r2
Details:

We have had on our old server (Debian Sarge) previous version of postgresql
database server (7.4.7) and if I logged in as normal user, I saw only my
database. Now we had to upgrade to gentoo ('cos debian is down) and I
decided to install new pgsql - 8.0.4 and if I log in (psql or phppgadmin), I
see all databases, not only my one.

I think it's a bug because of security - nosey people are everywhere...
And I want not to other people see how many users and databases are here -
server is half-public :)
Thank you for your reply - I found nowhere answer to my question