BUG #1985: cannot insert Chinese character into a table encoded with UTF8

From: "Jeff Tong" <jeff(at)tong(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1985: cannot insert Chinese character into a table encoded with UTF8
Date: 2005-10-21 14:46:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1985
Logged by: Jeff Tong
Email address: jeff(at)tong(dot)cc
PostgreSQL version: 8.1beta3
Operating system: Windows XP
with UTF8
Details:

I am a traditional Chinese user in Hong Kong. 8.1beta3 for WinXP still
cannot let me insert Chinese character into a table encoded with UTF8. I
think it is very importance issue with CJK users who need Unicode encoded
tables.

Here is a screenshot I took from command prompt:
http://www.tong.cc/pgsql8.1beta3.png