FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2005-10-17 19:37:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

I’m receiving the following error message when I try
to log into pgsql via pgAdmin:

FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file

HINT: See server log for details

I don't have access ot the server right now. Does
anyone have an idea what happened? I had access fine
last week.

tia...

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs