Re: help with pg_dump timings

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help with pg_dump timings
Date: 2005-10-12 19:19:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

I rather doubt anyone has tested any of these timings. I've not seen
anything published, anyway. I suggest running them yourself to see
what's fastest.

I have noticed that (at least on FreeBSD), a seperate bzip2/gzip doesn't
utilize a second CPU, which is odd. But it's been a long time since I've
looked at this kind of thing.

If you do run tests, please share your findings with the community
(pgsql-general or -performance might be more appropriate than -admin).