Re: COPY example for partial tables

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY example for partial tables
Date: 2005-10-12 14:55:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please find enclosed a patch (should work for 7.3 and up) that
> illustrates a workaround for using COPY on parts of tables using
> temporary tables. It's helped me, and it seems popular via a very
> brief and un-scientific poll.

I have attached and applied a modified version of this patch. I removed
the VACUUM (because this is just an example and does not need to be a
complete solution, e.g. pg_class bloat), and removed the 8.2 mention
because it seemed unnecessary.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size