Re: RAID Stripe size

From: evgeny gridasov <eugrid(at)fpm(dot)kubsu(dot)ru>
To: "bm\\mbn" <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RAID Stripe size
Date: 2005-09-20 10:53:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Everybody!

I've got a spare machine which is 2xXEON 3.2GHz, 4Gb RAM
14x140Gb SCSI 10k (LSI MegaRaid 320U). It is going into production in 3-5months.
I do have free time to run tests on this machine, and I could test different stripe sizes
if somebody prepares a test script and data for that.

I could also test different RAID modes 0,1,5 and 10 for this script.

I guess the community needs these results.

--
Evgeny Gridasov
Software Developer