BUG #1897: dmalloc memory error on PQconnectdb

From: "Wade Hampton" <wade(dot)hampton(at)nsc1(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1897: dmalloc memory error on PQconnectdb
Date: 2005-09-19 18:18:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1897
Logged by: Wade Hampton
Email address: wade(dot)hampton(at)nsc1(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3-1
Operating system: Fedora Core 4
Details:

I have a multithreaded application using Postgresql and am testing for
memory leaks. I compiled and linked with dmallocth. My PGconnect() is now
causing a dmalloc abort. The error appears to be a calloc of 0 elements of
40 bytes in libkrb5, called from libpq.

The connection is to: hostaddr = 127.0.0.1 dbname = mydb

The same code with dmalloc works fine with Fedora Core 2.0, Postgresql
7.4.7-3.

There was a report of a similar problem in earlier versions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org/msg08081.html