Re: Get a list of columns for a table

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Get a list of columns for a table
Date: 2005-09-07 22:41:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

SELECT attname, description FROM pg_class, pg_attribute, pg_description WHERE
pg_class.relname = 'codes' AND pg_class.oid = pg_attribute.attrelid AND
pg_attribute.attnum > 0 AND (objoid = pg_class.oid) AND (attnum = objsubid)
ORDER BY attname;

The above will display the following:
attname | description
----------+-------------------------
amt | Code Amount
auto | Auto Deduct Flag
code | Code
deduct | Deduct Flag
descript | Code Description
gl_acct | GL Account Number
method | Calculation Method Flag
name | Program Internal Name
percent | Percent Value
type | Code Type
(10 rows)

There are many combinations of this. It just depends on what you want.

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 06:19 pm, Kevin Crenshaw saith: